Influence of Thought...

I was on travel, when DW sent me a note of note ! :-) I'll get to that a bit later. This was about how to get DS thinking differently (as we had written about making the connections) - as to how we get him from abstract scientific thinking to abstract emotional thinking. Any opening that he provides for us is good here...

My belief is, if you take NT developmental line, its  kind of "linear" - when I say linear its not as linear in mathematical  term, but it has a pre-determined milestones - both mentally and physically... for our kids, its not that linear, its haphazard, to  some extent... 

Now to get to the incident - DS was unwell when I was traveling -  But he gets very disturbed when he is unwell and talks  about it a lot and then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy  (particularly coughing). DW distracts him by playing some of his favourite movies. But yesterday he made a big leap. He had asked DW  - "Why do I get more cough when I talk about cough ? Does cough think  I like him, since I talk about him and stays with me; if I dont talk about him, he will think I dont like him and go away". I know the articulation is not how a NT kid would do - but for me this is his first realization of how mental thinking can influence the physical.  Since he has moved to that point in this developmental vector (when resolved its more true north), I believe we should try and make a link between those various stages, I had written about in  "connections".

We believe this perhaps is where he is moving to abstract/emotional part of thought.

We want to use it to see how we can  encode his learning... Would thinkblocks be of help ?

No comments: