So been thinking, been thinking... Here is where we are at this moment in fitting everything we do into a framework.
As with any development, there are two variants at play - inhibitors and enablers. To me "inhibitors" are those that does not allow that something to get to the state of "normal and acceptable baseline". Enablers are those that helps push development above the baseline. So we need to eliminate the inhibitors and introduce the enablers in the mix.
So applying that to DS, I see thus:
- Inhibitors – that does not allow the body to function in a certain way, due to some chemical hormonal imbalances
- Enablers – That takes a steady-state being and then adds capability to it to make the being better and/or move towards the goal (in our case normal, independent living)
- GFCF – takes away the inhibitors, sets the body free of yeast, sugar etc that induces certain behaviour. The body is more ready to receive input
- SI – Sensory integration – eliminates the noise in the head and the body; does away with the sensory overload. The body and the mind is more ready to receive input
- RDI – Enabler – Once the body is ready to receive input, it enables the pathways – develops functional thinking; ability to abstract a specific occurrence/observation to a generality/principle
- Academics – Enabler – As the functions are established, provides the content and the skills. Teaches the basics that is required to live independently in the world – like arithmetic; also beyond the basics, provides an opportunity to shine in one specific area
However, there was the 3rd element/variant beyond body and mind – I believe that is the spiritual part of it – that eliminates inhibitors and introduces enablers at the same time
- Spiritual: The Link between the body and the mind
- This is where I believe movements such as Enki (or the ones we went to) help; it abstract both the body/brain to the spirit. It is more than taking away physical/intellect inhibitors or enabling those – it is spiritual – makes the “chi” flow well and distribute the energy.
- I believe this is where we need to go with a leap of faith – is the link proven? Not sure, but I know when I was practicing Karate and Tai-Chi actively, my learning and ability to work in an uncertain areas was much greater than ever before. I also know when DS went for aura healing, he was looking forward to the sessions – he said he felt good in those sessions...
(click to on the picture to see it better)